Commercial trucks can be mammoth pieces of machinery, traveling down highways at high speeds, driven by operators who have been on the road for days or weeks. If these drivers fail to follow the safety regulations in place or neglect to get the amount of hours off they are required to have, devastating accidents can — and often do — occur. Given the size difference between these trucks and other vehicles on the road, the results can be devastating and even fatal.
Dedicated To Helping Truck Accident Victims
Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping truck accident victims and their families recover the full and fair compensation they need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, long-term care or the loss of a loved one. No matter how you were injured, we may be able to help you.
You should be focused on healing. Let us handle the rest. Contact us today to receive a free case evaluation. There is never an out-of-pocket cost to you, the client.
Call 866-586-1910 For Experienced Representation In Truck Accident And Injury Claims
Our team will aggressively investigate the accident. We are knowledgeable in the causes of such accidents and how to identify evidence and indicators that something should have been done to prevent the crash. We move quickly to ensure that we find and recover these pieces of evidence to build a solid case against the insurance company on your behalf.
Our firm handles all aspects of trucking accidents, including:
- Defective roads and highways — Even though state and local governments are supposed to keep roads in safe working condition, accidents can happen. You have legal options to recover damages from those responsible for the road conditions.
- Overloaded trucks — There are strict guidelines for how trucks are to be loaded and balanced to avoid accidents or overturning. Lack of training or negligence of the driver can lead to dangerous loading techniques or overloaded vehicles.
- Substance abuse — Drivers must adhere to a BAC standard that is much more strict than for other drivers, and abuse of any substance can create serious liability.
- Truck driver error — Even the smallest mistake by a driver can result in a serious or deadly accident. We will investigate to learn what may have happened to cause the wreck. This includes failure to yield, speeding and reckless driver.
- Truck driver fatigue — Drivers must get a set number of hours of rest between runs, and a failure to do so creates a hazard for everyone else on the road. We will investigate how much time the driver spent on the road, examining driver logs and other evidence.
- Maintenance and equipment failure — Trucking companies are responsible for keeping all trucks in their fleet in full maintenance and repair. When these trucks fall into disrepair, serious accidents are almost inevitable.
- Trucking company negligence — Trucking companies are held to a strict standard for how their fleet will be operated and safety measures to be taken for the protection of others on the road. Their negligence can result in the loss of innocent lives. We hold these companies accountable.
We also know all the tricks that the insurance companies may use to try to pressure you into settling for less than you deserve. If you are contacted by an insurance company, contact us immediately. We can protect your interests.
For more information about what our experienced personal injury lawyers at the Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law, can do for you, please call us today at 866-586-1910.
Free Consultation · Home and Hospital Visits