Pittsburgh Burn Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious burn, talk to the Pittsburgh burn injury lawyers of Dallas W. Hartman P.C. to discuss the circumstances of your injury. You may be entitled to recover significant compensation from any party who is found liable for negligence leading to your injuries, including the property owner or the manufacturer of a defective product.
Why Hire a Pittsburgh Burn Injury Lawyer?
Our lawyers often turn to our in-house doctor to help investigate the injuries our clients have suffered. We also turn to the country’s leading accident reconstruction experts to investigate the cause of the accident, as well as the full extent of injuries and losses. We understand the impact your accident has had on your life as well as the lives of your entire family. Our attorneys will pursue your injury claim to help you get the settlement or verdict you deserve.
What Causes Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries can result from a myriad of causes, including:
- Chemical contact
- Defective products
- Fume ignitions
- Flammable liquids
- Gas explosions
- Scalding hot liquids
- Respiratory damage from smoke inhalation
- Other reactions and reasons
A serious burn injury often leaves the victim with tissue, muscle, and organ damage that goes much deeper than the physical pain and scarring. If you or a loved one has been burned because of the negligence of another party, you need an experienced Pittsburgh burn injury lawyer to fight for you.
How are Burns Classified?
Burn injuries range drastically in their severity and generally fall into three categories:
- First-Degree Burns: First-degree burns damage the outermost layer of skin. Typically, they cause temporary injury in the form of swelling and pain. Victims usually recover without permanent damage or scarring.
- Second-Degree Burns: Second degree burns cause damage to the top two layers of skin. may result in local infections, and blisters. Often, they can heal, but healing takes longer, and there is sometimes permanent scarring or damage.
- Third-Degree Burns: Third-degree burns burn through every lawyer of skin and almost always lead to permanent damage, both cosmetic and functional. Third-degree burns may affect the tissue so deeply that your neurological system is affected. Amputations are also common for this level of burn.
What Compensation is Available for Burn Injuries?
In addition to expensive medical treatment, burn victims endure severe physical and emotional pain. If your burn injury was caused by another’s negligence, you may seek compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. Typically, compensation is sought for:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, treatment, therapy, medication
- Lost income, starting from the time of the accident and projected until recovery
- Pain and suffering
- Other compensation: if a person’s face is severely burned, they are often entitled to special damages.
Our Third-Degree Burn Attorneys Serve all of Pennsylvania & Ohio
For nearly a quarter of a century, the Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys of Dallas W. Hartman P.C. have been serving the legal needs of victims of negligence in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Our experienced lawyers tenaciously protect your rights as we pursue the full and fair money damages you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today!
Let our Pittsburgh burn injury lawyers put our experience to work helping you recover the justice you deserve. From our offices in New Castle, Pittsburgh, Hermitage, Butler and Erie, we represent plaintiffs in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced Pennsylvania or Ohio burn injury lawyer today. Call us in Pittsburgh at (412) 262-2888 or toll-free at (800) 777-4081 today!