Pittsburgh PA Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Were you hit by a car as a pedestrian? Dallas can help!
Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable when involved in collisions with motor vehicles. As the person on foot doesn’t typically have any form of protection, the results can be severe, and even fatal. The aftermaths of such an event could be large medical bills, not to mention pain & suffering.
If you were involved in a pedestrian accident and were injured due to a motorist’s negligence, contact our dedicated attorneys at Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law to stand up for your right to the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact our law offices in Pennsylvania or Ohio today for a free case evaluation!
What are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
- Rolling Stops, or failing to stop at an intersection or stop sign.
- Distracted Driving (texting, eating, etc.)
- Intoxicated Driving
- Inexperienced Driver
- Bad road conditions (defective lights, debris, and more.)
- Pedestrian Negligence (jaywalking, crossing road without looking)
Pennsylvania Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Total Pedestrian Accidents in Pittsburgh from 2011-2015:
Total Accidents: 4,001
Total Accidents: 4,001
Total Accidents: 4,375
Total Accidents: 4,538
Total Accidents: 4,515
Based upon the data of pedestrian deaths from 2015, of the 153 victims, 30.1% of the victims were walking, running or playing by the street. 39.2% of them were entering the crossing or crosswalk. 5.9% of the people were just standing in one place. And any other situation are made up the remaining 24.8%.
What steps should I take if I am hit as a pedestrian?
- Move out of the street or out of the way of any other vehicles or hazards on the road.
- Assess for any injuries or damage from the accidents.
- Ensure that the vehicle operator is still at the scene. If they fled, try to snap a photo of their license plate or write down the numbers from memory.
- Contact the Police and wait for them to arrive.
- Get information from the other driver, seek out witnesses and recall as much of the accident scene as possible. Take photos of the scene.
- Seek Medical attention. Even if you are unsure about the severity of your injuries, it’s recommended you seek a medical examination.
- Contact your insurance company to start a claim.
- Consult with an experienced Pittsburgh pedestrian accident attorney.
What if the other driver flees the scene of the accident?
In some cases of hit and run accidents, your injuries may be covered by your own insurance policy. Currently uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage is optional in the state of Pennsylvania, but it’s extremely helpful in situations like a hit-and-run. This would also be the case with bicycle accidents. The injury attorney team at Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law have a lot of experience dealing with insurance companies and reluctant insurance adjusters, and can help to make sure they treat you fairly and live up to their legal obligations.
Click for additional information regarding Hit & Run Accident Cases.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Pittsburgh – Get a Free Consultation!
Regardless of the severity of your injuries or the complexity of your loss, our firm has a team of experienced attorneys at convenient locations throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio to serve you. We are happy to come to your home or hospital to discuss your case. Contact us in Pittsburgh or our other offices in Pennsylvania or Ohio today! 412-262-2888