Douglas J. Olcott
Attorney Doug Olcott focuses his practice on Personal Injury, Work Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Hepatitis C Exposure, Legal Malpractice and Social Security Disability in Pennsylvania.
Attorney Doug Olcott focuses his practice on Personal Injury, Work Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Hepatitis C Exposure, Legal Malpractice and Social Security Disability in Pennsylvania. He has been selected by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers as one of the top 5% of lawyers in Pennsylvania since 2012. Since 2014, he has been listed as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in Pittsburgh and one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Pennsylvania. He is a lifetime member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum, a select group of attorneys who have won a plaintiff verdict or settlement of over at least two million dollars.
Most recently, Doug secured a 2.2 Million Dollar verdict in Mercer County on behalf of woman who was injured in a car collision.
In 2014, Doug engineered one of Pennsylvania’s largest settlements arising from a bad faith claim in the past decade. Attorney Olcott’s efforts secured an 18 Million Dollar settlement for a Lawrence County family whose son was catastrophically injured in a car accident.
In 2013, a 2.2 Million Dollar total settlement was reached for an 81-year-old man who was killed, and his 53-year-old son who suffered a closed head injury, as the result of a serious car collision. In addition, he settled a 1.3 Million Dollar product liability case for a Pulaski man who fell 40 feet while working on a cellular tower in October of 2013.
In 2012, Doug made headlines after winning a jury trial in Beaver County where a man was awarded 2.8 Million Dollars in damages and delay damages for injuries he sustained in a 2003 car accident. That verdict was one of the largest in Beaver County’s history for a plaintiff injured in a car accident.
A magna cum laude graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law, Doug has been licensed to practice since 1990. He is licensed to practice law in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. While practicing law in New Jersey he was a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. After practicing law in New Jersey for seventeen years, Doug moved to New Castle to join Dallas W. Hartman, PC., where he has handled hundreds of cases over the last five years. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and Lawrence County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Bicycle, ATV and Boating Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers Compensation
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Social Security Disability
- Legal Malpractice
- Hepatitis C Exposure
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania, 2007
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Federal District Court of New Jersey, 1990
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
J.D. magna cum laude
Honors: Articles Editor
Law Review: Seton Hall University School of Law
- Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey
B.A. cum laude – 1987
Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2012 – 2016
- Top 50 Lawyers Pittsburgh, Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 100 Lawyers Pennsylvania, Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Lead Counsel Rated, Personal Injury
- Lead Counsel Rated, Social Security Disability
- Lead Counsel Rated, Medical Malpractice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawrence County Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys