Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer
Serious Injury Attorneys in Pittsburgh, PA & OH
If you were hurt or a loved one was injured or died because of another’s negligence in Pennsylvania or Ohio, please contact Dallas W. Hartman, P.C. today for a free consultation.
Injured in an accident or seriously hurt in any way by someone else’s negligence or wrongful acts? Our personal injury attorneys have the experience and reputation you can trust to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve in a wide range of injury cases, including:
Personal injury claims arising out of motor vehicle accidents:
- Car accidents , including serious injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident and claims made on behalf of injured passengers
- Motorcycle crashes resulting in serious injury or death
- Truck collisions with a special emphasis on the initial investigation and the complex insurance issues involved
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents caused by negligent or inattentive drivers
- Boat accidents on area lakes and rivers
Injury and disability claims arising out of a workplace accident:
- Construction injuries on the job-site from falls, confined spaces, employer safety violations or defective equipment, with a special focus on serious accidents involving heavy equipment like cranes, derricks and forklifts
- Workers’ compensation claims for on-the-job accidents and injuries for which your employer bears responsibility, including material handling, soft tissue and repetitive motion injuries and exposures to chemical or toxic agents
Serious injury or death caused by medical malpractice :
- Birth injuries such as cerebral palsy
- OBGYN mistakes including failure to diagnose complications or perform a C-section
- Emergency room errors relating to unacceptable wait times and failure to diagnose or properly treat a serious condition
- Medication errors caused by negligence on the part of a hospital or pharmacy
- Surgical errors including post-surgical infection and wrong site surgery
- Cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
- Heart attack and stroke misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose or treat a serious heart condition
- Pulmonary embolism caused by medication error or failure to monitor the patient’s condition after surgery
Injury or financial loss caused by other professional negligence:
- Legal malpractice in cases where an attorney’s mistake or misconduct resulted in your losing money you would otherwise have won
- Nursing home litigation in cases of elder abuse and neglect
Claims arising out of homeowner negligence or other premises liability:
- Animal bites, including dog bite and fatal mauling
- Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents in retail stores, businesses and commercial properties
Claims involving severe, life-changing or fatal injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in loss of function, chronic pain or paralysis
- Brain injury and head trauma resulting in serious temporary or permanent deficits
- Amputation of arms, legs, hands or feet as well as limb reattachment with permanent loss of function
- Back and neck injury resulting in pain and limited mobility
- Knee and shoulder injury and damage to other joints
- Facial scars and other disfigurement
- Wrongful death claims arising out of a fatal accident or deadly negligence
- Social Security disability compensation claims on behalf of our disabled clients and for survivors’ benefits for the families of fatal injury victims
Accident and injury cases caused by dangerous or defective products:
- Faulty design and manufacture of tires and other automobile equipment and parts
- Unsafe industrial machinery and manufacturing equipment
- Malfunctioning medical devices such as pacemakers and insulin pumps
- Dangerous construction equipment, tools and machinery
- Defective consumer products for the home and for children (such as toys and cribs)
For a complete list of our practice areas, please visit our Practice Area Page.
What should I do after a personal injury?
The first thing to do is to seek medical attention for your injuries, even if your injury symptoms don’t seem severe. Your body might be in shock after the accident, and you might not realize exactly how bad your injury really is. Some injuries do get worse over time, and by delaying to seek medical attention immediately might put you in serious medical risk.
It’s important to not only retain a record of your medical report, but also get a copy of the police report of the incident from the Pittsburgh Police Department, or whatever Pennsylvania or Ohio police jurisdiction your incident occurred. A police report might not be available for every personal injury case, but it’s especially important for cases like car accidents, pedestrian accidents and more. This record will be vital information for your case and will help your Pittsburgh personal injury attorney at Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law fight for you.
How will my accident attorney handle my case?
Your case will start with your first, free initial consultation. This is when your Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer will decide if you have a case and what steps will be needed in order to fight for your deserved compensation. Your dedicated attorney will seek out any witnesses or bystanders who saw the incident and will work to gather all pertinent information that will be important for your case.
How can I tell if I have a strong case?
Every personal injury case will be different, and your lawyer will look at all of the different variables of your case and will determine your best odds for winning maximum compensation. The injury attorneys at Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law work off of contingency fees, so they will not charge for your representation unless you win. So you can rest assured that your legal representation will be as dedicated as you are to win the case.
What types of damages can i seek from my injury case?
Damages from your personal injury might not only be physical. There are many different factors that you can claim compensation. Some of the economic damages include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Lost property
- Economic opportunities lost
Not all damages are financial-related. Here are some of the non-economical damages you could claim:
- Pain or discomfort
- Mental suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
Whatever capacity of suffering that you experienced, your dedicated attorney will assess what damages you are owed, and will fight to win the full recovery amount for your case.
Call our Personal Injury Attorneys in Pittsburgh today!
Contact a lawyer from anywhere in Pennsylvania or Ohio for a free case evaluation. Dallas W. Hartman P.C., Attorneys at Law has convenient Pennsylvania personal injury offices in Pittsburgh, New Castle, Hermitage and Butler. In Ohio, we have an office in Youngstown.